Thursday, July 8, 2010

My second and expanded festival display.

As I mentioned in a previous post, my second festival this summer was going to include some changes to the set-up. All along I took an experimental approach to my first festival back in June. I knew that I was only going to set up one table to test the waters, but I was pretty sure the second would be expanded. And expand I did. I noticed a few problems with the one table set up, mainly traffic flow and congestion (technically I had 2 tables, but the one was mainly for the cash box and bagging the purchased items). In July I set up in a U shape with one 5ft table in the center and 2 4ft tables along the side. This was so much better. It allowed my visitors to spread out and circulate through my area without feeling cramped up against other shoppers. This also made my banner more prominent as it was framed out by the side tables.

 
The addition of 2 more tables didn't require many more props because I just spread out what I already had. I did however add a few new things just because I wanted to, but it wasn't required. My favorite addition being a new log to display my bracelets. I found an old telephone post at my father's house that was perfect. All I had to do was stain it to match my other tree props. I also added another corner basket to balance out the main table and I elevated my mirror a bit so that visitors didn't have to crouch down to see themselves when trying on my creations.

Using props found in nature allows me to expand whenever I want to because I will always be able to locate additional items to match. And well, it's really inexpensive! The response to the new display was wonderful and I plan to stick with this set up for the rest of the season.

Read my earlier post about how I made most of my display.

No comments:

Post a Comment